The West Bengal government has taken an initiative called Rupashree to marry girls from financially backward poor families.
Under this scheme, a lump sum financial grant of Rs. 25,000 / – is given to the families whose annual income is less than Rs. 1.50 lakhs at the time of their daughter’s marriage.
Necessary information of Rupashri form:
- Applicants must be 18 years of age.
- She must remain unmarried until the day her application is submitted.
- The proposed marriage must be her first marriage.
- The age of his proposed pot must be 21 years.
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of West Bengal.
- His annual family income will not be more than 1.50 lakh.
- The applicant must have his own bank account.
- The form should be accompanied by two passport size color photographs (of the bride and groom).
Proof of age: Self signed Xerox of Secondary Admit / Birth Certificate / Voter Card / PAN Card / Aadhaar Card etc. will be required. (Both)
Wedding invitation card will be required along with the form.
Unmarried and annual income will be declared.
Monetary benefit for marriage of poor girls
How To Apply
Fill the form of rupashree prakalpa